Has anyone ever taken Domperidone for gastroparesis?? If so how did it work for you?

I think the main problem with domperiodone, in terms of perceived risks, is that there is little research into using it to enhance lactation. It's excreted in breast milk, and I guess it's not known how the drug affects breast feeding infants.

For gastroparesis? Well, it is *supposed* to raise prolactin levels, which could pose a problem. But, it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, like other prokinetics (i.e., metoclopramide). So, not sure how this is even possible.

In terms of anecdotes? I am the QUEEN of side effects....or, so it would seem. Heh. I've tried both metoclopramide and domperidone. Metoclopramide gave me confirmed seizues and peripheral neuropathy. Nasty drug. Likely attributable to it's anti-dompaminegic qualities, the drug crossing the blood-brain barrier, and it having appreciable effects on prolactin--my prolactin was through the roof...at the time.

Domperidone has been approved for gastroparesis in my country. I've been taking it for about 3-4 (?) months. The regular dose is 10 mg 3x/day. I find I only need one 10 mg tablet with dinner. It has done wonders. I also drink lots of water and supplement my fiber intake. No more constipation, nausea, cramps, and no side effects. It's been nice ;-).

I can't tell you how much it is. In my country, prescriptions are covered and I'm thinking, prices would vary anyway, depending on where you live.

Good luck, though! Hope it works for you, if you decide to take it.

1 comments:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More