Gastroparesis Diet Menu

People suffering from gastroparesis need to follow a diet so that the condition does not aggravate. In this article we will try to learn a bit about gastroparesis and will also take a look at the diet for the same.

Whenever we eat something our stomach starts working to digest the food and within two hours, it empties itself completely. It does so by a series of contractions, usually about thrice every minute. In case the contractions are intermittent and sluggish, the stomach fails to empty itself and the process of digestion is delayed. This condition is known as gastroparesis. Currently about 4% of people are affected by this disease. To reduce the symptoms and to maintain required amounts of fluids in the body, doctors often recommend patients to follow a gastroparesis diet. We will have a look at the gastroparesis diet menu, but before that let us know what is the cause behind this disease.

Normally, the stomach contracts into the small intestine so that food can be digested. The movement of food from the stomach to the digestive tract is controlled by a nerve known as vagus. If the vagus nerve gets damaged, then the food is not able to pass through the stomach to the digestive tract easily which causes a delayed digestion. There is no specific cause for gastroparesis, but doctors have found that people with diabetes are most likely to develop gastroparesis. A surgery on the stomach and intake of drugs containing anticholinergics can also damage the vagus and result in gastroparesis. Some other causes are nervous system diseases, metabolic disorders, viral infections etc.

Gastroparesis Symptoms


One of the most prominent symptoms of gastroparesis is decrease in the body weight of the patient. An assessment of the weight loss can determine whether a patient needs aggressive nutritional support or any other alternative therapy. If a patient has lost around 10% of his body weight (unintentional) in a span of four to six months, then there are high possibilities that the patient might have developed gastroparesis. Some of the other symptoms are continuous pain in the upper abdomen, nausea, frequent vomiting, abdominal bloating, lack of appetite etc. The best way to treat gastroparesis is to heal the root cause of this disease, that is, get the stomach to contract normally. To maintain the right amount of nutrients in the body so that you do not suffer from any kind of physical weakness, it is very important that you increase the intake of fluids and foods which are not hard on the stomach. Although you should consult a physician who can advise you on a diabetic gastroparesis diet menu, we can help you with some information about what essentially should be included in the gastroparesis diet.

Gastroparesis Diet Plan

Raw vegetables and fruits are rich in fibrous material which can make it hard for the stomach to digest them. So, one should try to avoid these foods. For easy digestion, one should cook the vegetables so that they become soft. You should definitely avoid red meat, chicken etc. as not only are these hard to digest but they are also high in fat. Salads, baked potatoes, yoghurt, soups are some of the foods that will be beneficial as these are high in nutrients and are easy to digest. Drinking lots of water while eating and taking a walk after your meals also helps in easy digestion. In severe cases of gastroparesis, patients may not be able to intake any food or liquid. In these cases, the doctors recommend a jejunostomy tube, which is placed in the small intestine. Some medications have proved to be useful in helping the stomach to contract normally, but these may have some side-effects, so it will be advisable to consult your doctor.

This was some information on gastroparesis. If you are suffering from this disease, then you do not need to despair as a lot of people have been able to live a healthy lifestyle by making some changes to their eating habits. You just need to consult your doctor and work out a diet plan to counter gastroparesis. We hope that the information given in this article will prove to be of some help to you. Wish you a speedy recovery.

By Rahul Pandita
Published: 3/11/2011

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Hpv,All Cancer Types,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

Success Afred .A. said...


THIS IS HOW I GOT CURED FROM HIV VIRUS!!!

I am Success Afred .A. i was diagnosed of HIV Virus in 2017 and I have tried
all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health
forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind
of diseases including HIV virus, at first i doubted if it was real but
decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbalist via his email and
he prepared a HIV herbal cure and sent it to me via fed-ex delivery
company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by
directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was
totally cured of this deadly disease within 14
days of usage, I am now free from the deadly disease called HIV virus, all
thanks to Dr Uduka. Contact this great herbal spell caster via his email:
[drudukaspiritualtemple@gmail.com] or whatsapp
him on +2349067340424

Dr.Uduka cure all kinds of sickness or diseases such as:

1. HERPES VIRUS
2. LASSA FEVER
3. GONORRHEA
4. HIV/AIDS
5. LOW SPERM COUNT
6. MENOPAUSE DISEASE
7. EPILEPSY
8. Hypertension
9. CANCER
10. Kidney problems
11. PREGNANCY PROBLEM
12. SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM
14. Male menopause
15. Menopause – male
16. Menopause – peri
17. Menstruation problems
18. Mercury Poisoning
19. Migraine
20. Miscarriage
21. Stroke etc

Crystal Joseph said...

I can never appreciate Tokubo enough for helping me because I never thought that i will ever have a normal life again thinking I'll never get out of this hiv virus in my whole life but i was wrong. My story goes thus: I found dr tokubo contact in a post i followed online, I copied the email and contacted him because i read about how he cure a man of hiv and that he have herbal remedy for cancer, yeast infection,HIV, Herpes e.t.c. I told him all he needed to know about my hiv status and he told me to relax and stay calm that he will help me by sending his medicine to me via courier delivery and he did as he promised. I received my healing within 10 days of using his herbal remedy. my lost joy came back alive as there is no more HIV, no symptoms, no fear of transmitting the virus to my love ones. Now I'm in a relationship and my sex life is awesome. All these happened last month ago and I decided to keep silent because I wanted to be sure of the healing. Now I'm saying this because I have undergone series of medical check up and all results came out negative. At first i thought it was just a joke until i tried it out and it worked perfectly well. The doctor never asked me to talk about him but I see it as my little way of showing other people out there need his herbal medicine to be cured. You can reach dr tokubo via his email at: drtokubotemple@gmail.com or you can whatsapp him on: +2349037990322

Mary Johnson said...

TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) BY THE GREAT HEALER DOCTOR EHBOS
Hello everyone I am here to testify of the great work Dr Ehbos did in my life with the help of his herbal traditional medicine. I have been suffering from Herpes since 2015 and ever since then I have been looking for solutions on how to cure it. I have being to different hospitals but I discovered none of them was working out for me that I was just wasting money. So I decided to live everything to God, then I was taking my medications to sustain my life and reduce the pains. So on this particular Sunday morning after coming back from service I sat down and begin to ask myself questions, then my phone rang behold it was my sister calling which I answered the call and she started telling me that a friend of hers who has been suffering from same herpes has just been cured by Dr Ehbos the herbal medicine man. Then I was over whelmed, even though I was a little bit confused so she encourage me to also give Dr Ehbos a trial and see for myself then I told her to help me get his contact and forward them to me, So immediately she got the contact of Dr Ehbos and send them to me, immediately I contacted Dr Ehbos and he told me everything I needed to do to enable me get the herbs for my medications and immediately i did that which he instructed me to do without wasting anytime. And here I am today sound and healthy without any symptoms of herpes or any sickness in my body system. And he also told me that there is no sickness on this planet earth that doesn’t have a cure that with the help of herbs he can cure any sickness or disease you can ever think off. So if you are suffering from HERPES or any other sickness or disease and you need a cure you can also contact Dr Ehbos with this Email Address at; drehbos@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348133505254 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony

Diego said...

I saw Liah's comment about Dr Iyabiye’s medication concerning HIV/aids. I tried it and it worked perfectly. It was like hell living with HIV/aids all this years until now, no more pains, weakness, and no more buying of anti-viral drug everyday to slow down the viral load. I would've come to testify before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will come back or feel pain as usual, I also went to the hospital for test and i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Iyabiye and to you Liah for spreading the good news. Doctor's contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com +234-815-857-7300

Unknown said...

I saw Liah's comment about Dr Iyabiye’s medication concerning HIV/aids. I tried it and it worked perfectly, it was like hell living with HIV/aids all this years until now. No more pains, weakness and no more buying of anti-viral drug to slow down the viral load. Not only am cured /healed am financially OK also because I don’t buy drugs anymore. I would've come to testify before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will come back or feel pain as usual, I also went to the hospital for test and i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Iyabiye and to you Liah for spreading the good news. Doctor's contact: (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com) +234-815-857-730

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More